Saturday, January 24, 2015

Millionaire to Billionaire - Marc Benioff

Maybe you think you're already successful.  Can the right success trainers and coaches put you on the path to even greater success?

Marc Benioff was already uber-successful.  He launched his first company at age 15.  He worked his way through college as a programmer for Apple.  And he went on to become Oracles youngest vice-president pulling down a million dollar a year salary at age 25.  But Marc was looking for a different kind of success.

As Marc tells it: "I first met Tony Robbins inside a cassette tape.  After watching an infomercial on late-night TV, I took the plunge and bought his 30-day self-improvement program Personal Power.  I listened to his tapes every day during my one-hour commute to and from Oracle Corporation, back and forth between my home in San Francisco and our office in Redwood Shores.  I was so moved by Tony's words that one weekend I stayed home and did nothing else but listen again to all 30 days in just two days, and I quickly understood that Tony was truly an amazing person, and his ideas were unlike anything I had ever experienced before.  Tony transformed me.  

Tony helped me bring awareness to where I was, and helped me start defining where I really wanted to go and the deeper meaning of what I wanted my life to be about.  It wasn't long before I went to Tony's special intensive weekend program called Unleash the Power Within.  That's where I really refined my vision my vision and committed to a new level of massive action.  With that, I dove deeper into Tony's work and launched full-force on my journey to create and build Salesforce.com.

I applied Tony's insights and strategies and built an amazing tool called V2MOM, which stands for Vision, Values, Methods, Obstacles and Measurement.  I used it to focus my work, and ultimately my life, on what I really wanted.  The V2MOM program took five of Tony's questions:

1.  What do I really want?  (Vision)
2.  What is important about it? (Values)
3.  How will I get it? (Methods)
4.  What is preventing me from having it? (Obstacles)
5.  How will I know I am successful? (Measurements)

Tony said to me that the quality of my life was the quality of my questions.  I soon began to model everything in my life, my work, and my future simply by asking these basic questions and recording my answers.  What happened was amazing.

On March 8, 1999, there first day we started Salesforce.com, we wrote a V2MOM, and today all of our 15,000 employees are required to do the same thing.  It creates alignment, awareness, and communication, and it's all based on what Tony has taught me over the last two decades.  Tony says that repetition is the mother of skill - that's where mastery comes from - and so we keep writing and improving our V2MOMs.  It's one of the reasons Forbes magazine just named Salesforce.com the "World's Most Innovative Company" for the fourth year in a row, an Fortune magazine says we are the "World's Most Admired" software company, as well as the seventh "Best Place to Work" in 2014.  Today we produce $5 billion a year in revenue, and continue to grow.  

I can truly say that there would be no Salesforce.com without Tony Robbins and his teachings."

I've benefited from the teachings of Tony Robbins and also benefitted from Marc Benioff and his company Salesforce.com.  I used the cloud ware for many years.  I attended the Benioff's "Dreamforce" event in San Francisco and was massively inspired.  

If you'd like build your own V2MOM here is the one Benioff and his employees crafted when they first started Salesforce.com.





No comments:

Post a Comment